In this article, find out what types of YouTube channels you can connect, how to make sure you have the correct access, and how to connect your channels to Social Media Management.
The features mentioned in this article are only available to Social Media Management users with a user role of Team Leader or Admin.
In this article:
What Type of YouTube Channels Can I Connect?
It’s possible to connect any public YouTube channel to Social Media Management.
What Access Do I Need on YouTube?
To connect a YouTube channel to Social Media Management, you will need to have access to the Google account associated with the channel or have owner permission level for the channel.
During the connection process, you will be asked for the Google account’s email/phone number and the password.
Connecting Your YouTube Channels to Social Media Management
Provided you have access to your YouTube channel through your Google account, or you are the channel owner, you can connect it to Social Media Management by following the steps below.
If you need to reconnect a YouTube channel, follow the steps in our Reconnecting Channels article.
- From anywhere in Social Media Management, click on your profile icon on the bottom left.
- Click Settings.
- From the menu on the left, under Channel Settings, select Channels.
- Click Add Channels from the top right.
- Under YouTube, click Connect.
- Click Connect to YouTube.
- When the popup appears, enter your Google email address/phone number and password followed by Next. If already logged into your Google account, you can simply click on the applicable account.
- Under the list of permissions, click Allow.
- From the menu on the left, New and disconnected channels, check the box beside any Channels you would like to connect.
- Click Connect Channels.
- From your list of Teams in Social Media Management, select any number of Teams you would like to add your channel(s) to.
- Click Finish.
Next, the page will refresh automatically, and your channel will now be found in Settings > Channels, along with all other applicable modules in Social Media Management.
FAQ & Troubleshooting
- I received an error during the connection process.
- If you have received an error at any stage of the connection process, please check out our System Requirements to make sure your system is compatible. Please also consider reaching out to our Support team for help diagnosing the issue.
- I’ve added my channel but I can’t see it in Social Media Management.
- If you have switched your view in Social Media Management to Team View, the channel may not appear (if it’s not included in your chosen team). Please either switch to Admin View or select the correct Team View. If you’re in Admin View, or in the correct team, already, please contact the Support team.