In this article, find out what types of YouTube channels you can connect, how to make sure you have the correct access, and how to connect your channels to Social Media Management.
The features mentioned in this article are only available to Social Media Management users with a user role of Team Leader or Admin.
In this article:
What types of YouTube channels can I connect?
It’s possible to connect any public YouTube channel to Social Media Management.
What access do I need on YouTube?
To connect a YouTube channel to Social Media Management, you will need to have access to the Google account associated with the channel or have owner-level permissions for the channel.
During the connection process, you will be asked for the Google account’s email/phone number and the password.
Connecting your YouTube channels to Social Media Management
If you need to reconnect a YouTube channel, follow the steps in our Reconnecting Channels article.
- In Social Media Management's left-hand navigation sidebar, click the Manage settings (gear) icon and select Channel admin.
- Click Add Channels in the top right.
- Under YouTube, click Connect.
- When the Google authentication popup appears, enter your Google email address/phone number and password followed by Next. If already logged into your Google account, you can simply click on the applicable account.
- On the following screen, review the list of permissions that will be granted to Brandwatch and click Allow at the bottom of the screen.
- From the menu on the left, New and disconnected channels, check the box beside any channels you would like to connect and click Connect Channels.
- From your list of teams in Social Media Management, select one or more teams to add your channel to.
You must select at least one team to add your channel to. Please visit our Managing Teams article for instructions on setting up a team in your organization.
- Click Finish.
When complete, you will see your channel available in your channels list with a Connected status.
FAQs and troubleshooting
- I received an error during the connection process.
- If you have received an error at any stage of the connection process, please check out our System Requirements to make sure your system is compatible. Please also consider reaching out to our Support team for help diagnosing the issue.
- I’ve added my channel but I can’t see it in Social Media Management.
- If you have switched your view in Social Media Management to Team View, the channel may not appear (if it’s not included in your chosen team). Please either switch to Admin View or select the correct Team View. If you’re in Admin View, or in the correct team, already, please contact the Support team.