The Quick Publish App is perfect for publishing content in real-time while on the go. The app allows you to create, schedule, and publish posts from your device while collaborating with your team. With Lightning Mode, you can also choose to use the same Channels, hashtags, and locations for each consecutive post.
In this article:
Quick Publish App Features
With the Quick Publish App, you can utilize any of the following features. Please see the guide below for help divigating the app.
- Create and publish posts for multiple networks (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn).
- Add locations to your posts.
- Resize and crop images.
- Schedule posts in advance.
- Submit posts for approval.
- Apply preset Channels, hashtags, and locations for multiple posts (Lightning Mode).
Where Can I Find the Quick Publish App?
The Quick Publish App is available to download from the App Store and from Google Play. You can click the direct links above or search Falcon.io in either store. Look out for the Quick Publish App logo shown below.
Alternatively, you can use your phone to scan the QR codes below.
The Quick Publish App via the App Store
The Quick Publish App via Google Play
Quick Publish App Compatibility
The Quick Publish App is available for iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad devices on iOS version 12.0 and up.
The Quick Publish App is available for all Android devices on Android version 5.0 and up.
Navigating the Quick Publish App
From the Quick Publish App’s home page, you can tap Choose Channel to search or scroll through your list of connected Channels in Social Media Management. Next, you can write a caption or include hashtags by tapping Get those feelings out....
To add media to your post, tap the camera icon from the bottom left corner. You can use your phone's camera or choose from items in your phone's gallery. When your post is ready, tap Next from the bottom right to publish, schedule, or send for approval.
Tap the location pin icon from the bottom left corner followed by Search. As you begin typing the name of the location, results will auto-populate. Tap the correct result. The chosen location will be displayed below the Channel name.
Location tagging via the Quick Publish App is currently only supported for Twitter.
Once you have uploaded an image by tapping the camera icon, you can tap the crop/rotate icon from the right-hand side of the image to make edits. Next, you can tap the corners of the image to crop it or choose from the options at the bottom of the page to rotate, crop to a ratio, or undo your edits. Tap Done to confirm and apply any edits.
To schedule your post in advance, tap the clock icon from the bottom of the page. When the calendar opens, swipe right or left to change the month then select the publishing date. Next, tap Time or Time Zone to make adjustments to the publishing time. Tap Use from the top right to confirm and apply any changes.
The time will be displayed in 24 hour clock instead of AM/PM. In addition, the time zone will always default to your current time zone.
Submitting for approval
Tap the double check-mark icon from the bottom of the page to search and select from all Social Media Management users in your team with the ability to approve the content. In order for a user to appear in the list, they will need to have access to the Channel via Social Media Management and they will need to have a user role of Editor or above.
When the content is submitted, the chosen user will receive an email to inform them that content was submitted for their approval.
Currently, it’s only possible to select one user for approval when publishing via the Quick Publish App. To select more than one user for approval, please use the Social Media Management desktop app instead. You can find out more about content approval via the desktop app here.
While creating a post in the Quick Publish App, you can tap the lightning bolt icon from the top right to initiate Lightning Mode. When the post is finalized (published, scheduled, or sent for approval), the app will remember the Channel, hashtags, and location selected. When you create your next post, this information will auto-populate.
Settings (switching organizations, switching teams, and logging out)
To access Settings, tap the cog icon from the top left. At the top of the page, you can choose to access a different Social Media Management organization (if applicable) or you switch team from within your current organization.
Under Help, you can find out your current Quick Publish App version or view a video introduction. To log out, tap Log Out from the bottom of the page.
- Can I view the Social Media Management calendar from the Quick Publish App?
- No, it’s only possible to create, publish, or schedule new posts. It’s not possible to interact with any previously created posts.
- Can I approve posts from the Quick Publish App?
- While you can send posts for approval, it’s not possible to approve posts from within the Quick Publish App. Please either use the Social Media Management desktop app (app.falcon.io) or consider the Hub App for approving posts.
- Can I schedule the first Instagram comment on the Quick Publish App?
- No, scheduling the first comment is not available on the Quick Publish App. Please use the Social Media Management desktop app (app.falcon.io) instead.
- Can I apply Social Media Management labels via the Quick Publish App?
- It’s currently only possible to view and create Social Media Management labels via the desktop app. It’s not possible to apply labels via the Quick Publish App.
- What types of posts can I create with the Quick Publish App?
- It’s possible to create text, single-image, single-video, and link posts with the app. It’s not possible to create multi-link, multi-image (carousel) posts or Stories.