Two-factor authentication (2FA) adds an extra layer of security to the login process in order to enhance the protection of your Social Media Management account. In this article, find out more about 2FA in Social Media Management and how to get set up.
In this article:
What is Two-Factor Authentication (2FA)?
Two-Factor Authentication (2FA) is an additional step of security which may be required before you can access your Social Media Management account. It’s recommended and significantly increases your account security.
By default, when logging into Social Media Management with your Password or Social Login, you will not be asked for any further verification before being able to access your account. With 2FA, in addition to the password or Social Login, you will also be required to open an authenticator app on your phone and provide Social Media Management with the six-digit security code generated by your app.
Any user can voluntarily opt in for 2FA, though your Social Media Management organization’s Administrator can also decide to make this feature mandatory for all users. Please see the FAQ section below.
2FA will not be required if your Social Media Management organization has been enrolled in Single Sign-On.
Setting Up 2FA
You can set up with 2FA while logged into Social Media Management at any time. Please see the steps below.
- Open the authentication app on your phone.
- From the bottom-left corner of the platform, click your profile image and select Profile details.
- Click the Security tab.
- Using the authentication app on your phone, select the applicable option to setup a new verification by scanning a QR code.
- Scan the QR code displayed on the screen in Social Media Management.
- Your authentication app will provide a one-time code. In Social Media Management, enter the one-time code below the displayed QR code.
- Click Save.
Once you have successfully set up two-factor authentication, it will be required the next time you log into Social Media Management.
Logging in for the first time? When setting up your Social Media Management password, you can click Don't forget to enable 2FA to get set up.
Logging in with 2FA
There are three available login methods in Social Media Management:
The full guide to each login method can be found here. If enrolled in two-factor authentication, it will be required as an additional authentication step only when logging in with either your Password or Social Login. It will not be required if you are enrolled in Single Sign-On (SSO).
When you have successfully entered your Social Media Management password or authenticated via Social Login, you will be directed to the screen shown below, which requires a six-digit code from your authentication app. Open the applicable authentication app on your phone (whichever app was used to set up two-factor authentication in the steps above). Enter the six-digit code then click Continue. If the numbers are correct as per your authentication app, you will be directed to your Social Media Management Home page.
- What if I’ve lost my phone?
- If you’ve lost your phone, please contact the Support Team via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) to have your 2FA reset.
- What if my phone’s camera is broken?
- Below the QR code in Social Media Management, you will see a long code written in letters and numbers. In your authentication app, this code can be used typed as an alternative method to establish a connection.
- Can I use more than one phone?
- You can choose to use multiple devices to generate a 2FA code. Please check out Google’s documentation here.
- As an Admin for my organization, how can I make 2FA mandatory for all users?
- Please contact your Social Media Management organization’s Customer Success Manager to request that all users must use 2FA. If you’re not sure who your Customer Success Manager is, please contact the Support team for help getting the right contact information.