You can really make your social media content pop in the feed and add flair to your messaging using images and GIFs. Social Media Management lets you do this several ways that we'll explore in this article.
In this article:
Supported image post types per network
The networks supported in Social Media Management each have their own supported image post types. We've made an easy overview:
|Image post type
|Up to 25 images
|Up to 10 images
|Up to 4 images
|Up to 9 images
|1 GIF per post
|1 GIF per post
To check which file types and properties are supported for each network, we recommend reviewing our media attachments guide.
Creating an image or GIF post
Whether you'd like to add one image, multiple images, or a GIF, you can create an image post using the following steps:
- In Publish, click Create Post from the top left.
- Select the network and channel(s) you would like to publish your image post to.
Currently, it is only possible to create a post on one network at a time. However, you can select multiple channels on the network to publish your post to.
- Add your post text to the text box if applicable.
Below the text box, add your assets. Choose from the following options:
- Drag and drop image files to the file area.
- Click the file area to open your local file browser.
- While hovering over the file area, click Cloud to access cloud storages such as Google Drive and Dropbox.
- While hovering over the file area, click Content Pool to select files from the Social Media Management Content Pool.
- Optional: Drag and drop your uploaded files to change the order of appearance.
- Optional: Add alt text or adjust an image with our photo editor.
- Click Publish, Schedule, or Send for Approval.
Adding alt text
Alternative (alt) text describes images to screen-reading tools, helping visually impaired users. In Social Media Management, you can add alt text to Facebook, X (Twitter), and LinkedIn image posts. We recommend adding text which describes the key details of the images you share.
To get started, follow the steps below:
- Create a Facebook, X (Twitter), or LinkedIn image post by following the steps above.
Once you've added your image(s), click Add Alt Text.
- Auto-generate alt text for each image by clicking Generate Alt Text. Alternatively, you can manually type or edit alt text in the text box.
When manually adding or editing alt text, bear in mind the character limits for each network listed below:
- Facebook: 8000 characters
- X (Twitter): 1000 characters
- LinkedIn: 120 characters
Alt text is not supported for GIFs or videos. In addition, due to Instagram API restrictions, it's not possible to generate or manually add alt text to Instagram images in advance. However, alt text will be added to all images published to Instagram automatically.