Each network supports their own mix of universal and network-specific post formats. Social Media Management helps you create all these different types of content from one central place.
In this article, we've made an easy overview of the supported post types in Publish, with links to more detailed articles on how to create them.
This article covers all post types that are supported for content creation. Due to network-specific API limitations, other modules in the Social Media Management platform might support additional or fewer of the below listed post types.
Supported post types per network
The below table shows which post types can be created for which network. Follow the links in the header to get more information on how to create that type of post in Social Media Management.
|Facebook Link Carousel||✓||✗||✗||✗||✗|
LinkedIn article posts and event posts are not indexed or supported in Publish.
Creating Album posts is not supported from inside Social Media Management, but images can be added to existing Facebook albums.
Instagram Collab posts are only available to view in Publish if you published the post natively on Instagram (i.e. if you were the original author of the post). It is not possible to create Collab posts from Publish.
Post type descriptions
- Has only text copy and no other attachments. The text can include clickable links. If a link generates a link preview card containing a title, description, and thumbnail, the post is rather considered a Link post as described below.
- Has one image file attached.
- Has more than one image file attached.
- Has multiple images that get added to an Album on Facebook. A post is created on the timeline, linking to the Album. Separate posts will appear in Social Media Management for each image added to the Album, since users can interact with each image separately.
- Has an animated GIF file attached.
- Has a video file attached.
- Instagram-specific post type with a video file attached.
- Link Post
- Has a link preview card filled with metadata about the attached link. Bear in mind that links can also be added in the text of a post, without generating a link preview card. Only posts with a link preview are considered link posts.
Note:Twitter automatically creates a link preview card for your post if no other media was attached. Due to API limitations, Social Media Management can't show the link card in the preview of the post.
- Facebook Link Carousel
- A Facebook-specific Carousel post consisting of up to ten links with link preview cards. Users can flip through the link cards like a carousel.
- Instagram Carousel
- An Instagram-specific mixed media Carousel post that consists of up to ten images and videos. Users can flip through the images and videos like a carousel.
- Instagram stories are image or video posts that are displayed in a slideshow format, separate from your main content feed.
- Dark Posts
- Dark Posts can be created from all Facebook post types described above here, except for Album posts. They are posts that do not appear on your timeline nor on the newsfeed of your fans. If you promote the post, it will only become visible in the places where your advertisement is targeted to.