If you have access to both Social Media Management and Brandwatch Consumer Intelligence, you can easily navigate from one platform to the other with the click of a button via the product switcher in the platform sidebar. Learn how to use the product switcher to seamlessly switch between your Brandwatch products.
Accessing the product switcher
As long as you meet the appropriate access criteria below, you will be able to log into one product (either Social Media Management or Consumer Intelligence) and navigate to the other using the product switcher available in the platform sidebar.
Some key highlights of product switcher include:
- The product switcher is available in the platform sidebar of both Social Media Management and Consumer Intelligence.
- You can choose whether to log into Social Media Management or Consumer Intelligence first.
- While switching from one platform to another, you will not be asked to log in again.
- Your passwords/login credentials for each platform will stay the same.
In order to access the product switcher from the platform sidebar, you must meet the following criteria:
- You must have an account with both Social Media Management and Consumer Intelligence.
- Your Social Media Management and Consumer Intelligence account must be associated with the same email address.
If you have different passwords/login methods for each platform, it will not impact your ability to see and access the product switcher. However, your associated email address for each must be the same.
If you meet the criteria above, you should be able to access to the product switcher from your sidebar in either platform by following the navigation instructions below. If not, please reach out to your Social Media Management Customer Success Manager. For help locating your Customer Success Manager’s contact information, please contact the Support Team.
My account email addresses don’t match. Can I update one of them?
It’s not possible for you or any other user in Social Media Management or Brandwatch to edit your email address for either platform. However, in either Social Media Management and Brandwatch, any user with a user role of Admin can delete your user account and create a brand new user account for you with the correct, matching email address. If you’d like to share guides on how to delete and add users with an Admin user in your organization, please see the links below:
- Deleting Users (Social Media Management)
- Adding Users (Social Media Management)
- Deleting Users (Brandwatch)
- Adding Users (Brandwatch)
Once your email addresses match in both platforms, you should be able to see and access the product switcher from either platform sidebar as described in the steps below. If still no luck, please reach out to your Customer Success Manager for assistance.
Switching between Social Media Management and Consumer Intelligence
To navigate to the product switcher, please follow the steps below:
- In either product (Social Media Management or Consumer Intelligence), log in with your applicable login method. (For assistance, please see our steps for logging into Social Media Management).
- Click on More products (grid icon) in the left-hand sidebar.
- From the products drop-down, select Consumer Intelligence if already in Social Media Management, or select Social Media Management if in Consumer Intelligence.
You will be directed to the second product in your current tab and you will automatically be logged in.
- Will my passwords change or become unified?
- The introduction of the product switcher will not affect your password or login credentials for either platform. You can choose to either log into Social Media Management first (using your existing Social Media Management credentials), or Brandwatch first (using your existing Brandwatch credentials). Regardless of which you log in with first, you will not be required to enter any further login credentials when navigating to the second product.
- What if I use different login methods for Social Media Management and Consumer Intelligence?
- This will have no impact on your ability to use the product switcher. Along with the criteria mentioned above, it is only required that you are able to successfully log into any one of the platforms (Social Media Management or Brandwatch). Regardless of your login method for the second product, you will still be able to switch products.