Any Social Media Management user may decide to use Social Media Management for more than one organization. Rather than having to log out and back into a different organization each time, Social Media Management users can easily stay logged in and use the Organization Switcher instead.
In this article, find out more about how the Organization Switcher works and how to get set up.
In this article:
What Is an Organization Switcher?
Whether you're a part of an agency with multiple Social Media Management organizations or you have two or more Social Media Management users with entirely separate organizations, it's not easy having to log out and log back into Social Media Management multiple times a day.
To save you time, you can use the Organization Switcher to easily navigate to a different organization without having to log out and re-enter your login information. Data from each organization will remain entirely separate and you can use an Organization Switcher for an unlimited number of Social Media Management organizations.
Getting Set Up with an Organization Switcher
To view and use an Organization Switcher in Social Media Management, all you need to do is get invited to any other Social Media Management organization under the same email address as your existing Social Media Management user.
When you receive the invitation email for the new organization, you will not be required to complete any registration or set up a password. Similarly, there is no manual action needed from Social Media Management's side - You will automatically have the option to switch between your organizations when you next log into Social Media Management.
To get invited to a new organization, please ask any user with a user role of Admin to follow the guide here.
What if I’m already in multiple organizations with different email addresses?
An Organization Switcher will only become an option if you exist in two or more Social Media Management organizations under the same email address. If you are set up in two or more organizations under different email addresses, they will each need to match before the feature will be enabled.
While it’s not possible to edit your email address in Social Media Management, please reach out to either your Customer Success Manager or the Support Team to request any changes.
What if I have one Social Media Management organization but would like to separate it into multiple?
If you would like to streamline the workflow of your team, it's possible to split your existing Social Media Management organization into multiple environments. By creating multiple environments, all users in your organization can make use of the Organization Switcher to access different areas of your organization.
However, splitting your organization into multiple environments may come at an additional cost. Please contact your organization's Account Manager or Customer Success Manager for more information.
Not sure who your Account Manager or Customer Success Manager is? Please contact the Support Team for help getting the right contact information.
Once you have been invited to two or more organizations, you can switch organizations by following the steps below:
- From the bottom-left corner of the platform, click on Switch organization or team.
- Choose Organizations and select the organization you would like to switch to.
The platform will refresh and you will be logged in under the selected organization.
- Will I continue to receive emails from all organizations?
- Yes. All emails, such as Engage notifications, channel disconnections, Listen alerts, or Engage exports will continue to arrive at your email address for all applicable Social Media Management organizations.
- Can I change which organization I will view first each time I log in?
- When you log into the platform, by default you will access the first organization you were ever invited to. To access any other organizations, you will then need to use the Organization Switcher as described above. It’s not possible to change the default organization.
- Can I view content or interact with team members from multiple organizations at the same time?
- No, it’s only possible to view data from one organization at a time.
- Can I have a different profile image for each organization?
- Your profile image will be the same for each organization. It’s possible to change your profile image in your default (first) organization by clicking Manage profile > Profile details and clicking into your profile image.