By default, Admins in Social Media Management will have access to all teams in their organizations. If your organization contains a large number of teams, users, or channels, it may be difficult to collaborate with a team or report on a team’s success, without having to manually apply filters in various modules in Social Media Management.
Using Team View, you can simplify your workflow and focus on the tasks at hand for your selected team.
All features in this article are only available to users with a user role of Admin.
What is Team View?
Team View is a feature which is available only to Social Media Management users with a user role of Admin. By default, Admin users in Social Media Management will automatically have access to all teams in their organization, including each team’s channels, content, users, campaigns, conversations, and more.
To save time manually filtering for relevant teams in different Social Media Management modules, Admins can choose to enter Team View for any given team in their organization. When an Admin enters Team View, modules in Social Media Management will become filtered to include only information related to the chosen team.
Once in Team View, Admins can freely visit different Social Media Management modules without having to repeatedly apply filters for the team they’re interested in.
What will I see in Team View?
All content on your Publish calendar, including drafts, scheduled posts, posts awaiting approval, and posts with publishing errors will be limited to the channels included in the selected team.
The Content Pool in Publish will not be filtered. Both stock and published content across all teams will be visible in Social Media Management.
Only conversations on channels included in your selected team will be displayed. If an Engage feed includes channels from across various teams, only the conversations in your selected team will be visible. Engage feeds containing only channels which are not included in your selected team will not contain any conversations.
When creating new dashboards and reports, you will only have the option of including channels in your selected team.
Dashboards from across all teams will continue to be visible and are still accessible via Team View.
All visible data in Advertise, Listen, and Audience will not automatically be filtered in Team View.
Switching between teams
In the lower-left corner of Social Media Management, click Switch organization or team (building icon) > Teams > select the desired team.
Next, the page will refresh and the filtered view for your selected team will be applied. To return to Admin view, follow the steps above and select Admin from the top of the list.
- Why are my Engage feeds not showing any conversations?
- While in team view, conversations from all channels outside of your selected team will not be displayed. Please check your feed settings to ensure that channels in your selected team have been selected.
- Can I tag users from different teams?
- Yes, while in Team View, all Social Media Management users can be tagged in notes in both Publish and Engage.
- Can I assign Engage conversations to users from different teams?
- Yes, while you will only see conversations on channels from your selected team, all assignment options will still be available, including all teams and users in your organization.
- When I log out, will Social Media Management remember which Team View I was in?
- Yes, if you logged out while in Team View, you will return to the same view when you log back in.
- Can I create Listen projects while in Team View?
- No, please switch to Admin View before creating new Listen projects.