In this article, find out what types of LinkedIn channels you can connect, how to make sure you have the right access, and how to connect the channel to Social Media Management.
The features mentioned in this article are only available to Social Media Management users with a user role of Team Leader or Admin.
In this article:
What Type of LinkedIn Channels Can I Connect?
It’s possible to connect public LinkedIn Company pages, Showcase pages, and personal profiles to Social Media Management.
In Social Media Management, whether connected or not, all applicable Company or Showcase pages and personal profiles will be referred to as "channels."
What Access Do I Need on LinkedIn?
In order to connect a LinkedIn channel to Social Media Management, you will need to have Super admin permissions on the page through your personal LinkedIn profile.
When you’re connecting the LinkedIn channel to Social Media Management, you will be asked to provide your personal LinkedIn profile credentials. Next, LinkedIn will determine which channels you have Super admin access to. These channels will then appear as options for you to connect to Social Media Management.
To verify that you have Super admin permission, please follow the steps below:
- Log into LinkedIn using your personal LinkedIn profile credentials.
- Visit the applicable LinkedIn channel. (For quick access, click your profile image in the top right. Your page should be listed under the Manage heading).
- On the top left, beside the Page’s image and name, look for Super admin view.
- On the right, click Admin tools > Manage admins.
Your personal profile should be displayed with the role: Super admin.
Not seeing Super admin view? Please contact any other Super Admin on the LinkedIn page and ask them to adjust your permissions.
Connecting Your LinkedIn Channel to Social Media Management
Once you have followed the steps above to verify that you have Super admin access to your LinkedIn page, you can connect it to Social Media Management by following the steps below.
If you need to reconnect a LinkedIn channel, follow the steps in our Reconnecting Channels article.
- From anywhere in Social Media Management, click on your profile icon on the bottom left.
- Click Settings.
- From the menu on the left, under Channel Settings, select Channels.
- Click Add Channels from the top right.
- Under LinkedIn, click Connect.
- Click Connect to LinkedIn.
- When the LinkedIn popup appears, enter your personal LinkedIn email address and password followed by Sign In.
- From the menu on the left, New and disconnected channels, check the box beside any channels you would like to connect (check off multiple boxes to connect channels in bulk).
- Click Connect Channel(s).
- From your list of teams in Social Media Management, select any number of teams you would like to add your channel(s) to.
- Click Finish.
Next, the page will refresh automatically, and your channel will now be found in Settings > Channels, along with all other applicable modules in Social Media Management.
FAQ & Troubleshooting
- I received an error during the connection process.
- If you have received an error at any stage of the connection process, please check out our System Requirements to make sure your system is compatible. Please also consider reaching out to our Support team for help diagnosing the issue.
- I’ve connected my channel but I can’t see it in Social Media Management.
- If you have switched your view in Social Media Management to Team View, the channel may not appear (if it’s not included in your chosen team). Please either switch to Admin View or select the correct Team View. If you’re in Admin View, or in the correct team already, please contact the Support team.