Interacting with your customers on social media is a great way to build relationships, address issues quickly, and turn detractors into promoters. If your customer team has set business hours, it is possible to report on your team's responsiveness compared to the hours that they are available within Engage.
For example, your team may only work between 9am and 5pm. If a customer tweets you at 5:05pm and your team replies the next day at 9:05am, the customer has waited for 16 hours for a response. However, the response time based on your team's set business hours would be 5 minutes.
Setting Business Hours for Engage
- In the left-hand navigation sidebar of Social Media Management, click on the Settings cog icon > Organization admin.
- Click on Teams in the Settings menu, and select a team.
- Click on the Business Hours tab and click Create Date Range.
- Click on the calendar icon to set a date range for your team's business hours (e.g. you can select Indefinite or a custom date range).
- Choose the time zone your team operates in, and type in your team's business hours by day.
- Click Save at the bottom of the window.
After saving, your entered business hours will save in 24-hour clock format by default. It can take up to 24 hours for your saved business hours to be reflected in Team Performance reports.
In your Team Performance reports, you can use the report filters to view your team's performance for the whole day or within business hours. The Handle time, Response time, and Review time metrics will take your team's set business hours into account. See our Team Performance Reports article for full definitions of these metrics.