When monitoring your LinkedIn paid activity in Advertise, you can see a birds-eye view of your LinkedIn campaign groups, campaigns, and ads. In this article, learn how to view statistics for your campaign groups, campaigns, and ads.
You’ll need to have your LinkedIn ad account connected in Social Media Management in order to view data for your LinkedIn campaign groups, campaigns, and ads in Advertise.
In this article:
Navigating Your LinkedIn Campaign Groups, Campaigns, and Ads
When working with your LinkedIn ad accounts in Advertise, you will see three sections: campaign groups, campaigns, and ads.
The Campaign groups section lists all of your LinkedIn campaign groups. For each, you will see its status, name, four customizable KPIs, and budget. Hovering over the status of a campaign group will allow you to see its duration.
The Campaigns section lists all of your LinkedIn campaigns. For each campaign, you will see its status, duration, name, four customizable KPIs, budget amount (whether it's daily, lifetime, or daily and lifetime), and it's objective.
All LinkedIn ads that you have created are visible in the Ads section. For each ad, you will see its status, name, four customizable KPIs, and the ad's end date.
Filtering and editing options
For each campaign group, campaign, or ad you can use the Actions (three dots) icon to the right of it to access filtering and editing options:
- Filter by this: Quickly see all of the campaigns in a specific campaign group or all of the ads in a specific campaign.
- Edit in LinkedIn Campaign Manager: View and manage the campaign group, campaign, or ad natively in the LinkedIn Campaign Manager.
When viewing campaign groups, campaigns, or ads, the Statistics dashboard will give you an overview of the performance of each based on the metrics and time period that you have chosen. You can see data going back up to two years from the date that you connected your LinkedIn ad account to Social Media Management.
By default, you will see four KPIs in the dashboard — Spent, Impressions, Clicks, Engagements — but you can customize the KPIs at any time using the Pencil icon.
Check out our article, LinkedIn Key Performance Indicators in Advertise, to see all of the LinkedIn metrics available in Advertise to help you analyze your campaigns' and ads' performance.
The Statistics dashboard offers performance data on three different levels for the time period that you have selected (data for the current month is displayed by default):
- Aggregated data for all your campaign groups/campaigns/ads for the chosen period: Data will display for each of the four chosen KPIs under the graph.
- Daily results: When hovering with your mouse on a specific day in the graph, you will see daily results for your campaign groups/campaigns/ads.
- Performance for each campaign group/campaign/ad: In the table view below the graph, you will see statistics for how well each campaign group/campaign/ad has performed.
Search and filter
Whenever you need to view data for a specific campaign or group of campaign groups, campaigns, or ads, you can quickly do so by using the available filtering options:
- Status: Filter by the status of the object (Active, Paused, Draft, Completed, or Archived).
- Objective: See results only for specific campaign objectives.
With the search bar, you can also type the name of the object and you will be able to see data about its specific performance.
With these options, you can quickly monitor how your LinkedIn ads are working and take actions to improve them if needed.