Social Media Management Engage’s integration with Salesforce Service Cloud: Case Management makes it easy for your social media and customer support teams to interact seamlessly to provide quick service for your customers. In this article, learn more about Engage’s integration with Salesforce Service Cloud: Case Management, what features are available, and how to connect your accounts.
For a quick visual overview of the integration features, visit our introduction video.
In this article:
What is Salesforce Service Cloud: Case Management?
Salesforce Service Cloud: Case Management is a tool that allows your customer support team to log customer inquiries and issues as cases, unifying your customer data and facilitating your team’s services processes.
If your teams use Social Media Management Engage for customer engagement and Salesforce Service Cloud: Case Management for customer support, the integration between Engage and Service Cloud allows your social media managers to log your Engage conversations as new cases in Salesforce for your support team to respond to. From Engage, your staff can also link an Audience profile to existing Salesforce contacts to import their case history into Engage, or create a new Salesforce contact. The integration gives you a full picture of your customers' social data and history with your brand.
Connecting Salesforce Service Cloud to Social Media Management
You can quickly integrate Social Media Management with your Salesforce Service Cloud: Case Management instance with just a few clicks.
You will need to have a user role of Admin in Social Media Management and access to your Salesforce login credentials to complete the integration.
- In Social Media Management, click on your profile icon in the bottom-left corner, then select Settings from the menu.
- Select Integrations & API in the left-hand menu, then find the Salesforce Case Management integration box and click Connect.
- Review the information about the integration, and then click Next in the Salesforce Authentication box.
- Log into the Salesforce login prompt using your credentials.
- When the integration completes, you will see a green Connected status on the integration indicating that Social Media Management has successfully connected to Salesforce.
Using Salesforce Service Cloud Features in Engage
Creating a Salesforce case
Once your accounts are integrated, you can easily create a new Salesforce case from within any direct message conversation in Engage.
- From any direct message conversation in Engage, navigate to the Salesforce cases panel in the right-hand sidebar, then click Create Case.
- Customize the subject and description of the case if desired, and then click Continue. By default, the description will be pre-populated and contain a link back to the Engage conversation, so your Salesforce users can continue the conversation with the customer in Engage if needed.
- If desired, use the search bar to find an existing contact in Salesforce to link the case to, or click Create New Contact to create a new Salesforce contact for the customer and link it to their profile. When you are ready to continue, click Create Case.
- You will see your newly created case under the Salesforce cases panel in the Engage conversation, where you can then view the case details.
Linking an Audience profile to an existing Salesforce contact
At any time, you can use the Salesforce contact panel in the sidebar of an Engage conversation to link an Audience profile to an existing Salesforce contact, or create a new Salesforce contact.
- From any conversation in Engage, navigate to the Salesforce contact panel in the right-hand sidebar, then click Link Profile.
- Use the search bar to find an existing contact in Salesforce to link the conversation to, or click Create New Contact to create a new Salesforce contact for the customer. When ready, click Link Profile.
- You will see the added profile under the Salesforce contact panel as well as the imported history of that contact’s cases under the Salesforce cases panel.