Social Media Management Engage’s integration with Salesforce Service Cloud: Case Management makes it easy for your social media and customer support teams to interact seamlessly to provide quick service for your customers. In this article, learn more about Engage’s integration with Salesforce Service Cloud: Case Management, what features are available, and how to connect your accounts.
For a quick visual overview of the integration features, visit our introduction video.
In this article:
- What is Salesforce Service Cloud: Case Management?
- Connecting Salesforce Service Cloud to Social Media Management
Using Salesforce Service Cloud Features in Engage
- Managing the Integration
What is Salesforce Service Cloud: Case Management?
Salesforce Service Cloud: Case Management is a tool that allows your customer support team to log customer inquiries and issues as cases, unifying your customer data and facilitating your team’s services processes.
If your teams use Social Media Management Engage for customer engagement and Salesforce Service Cloud: Case Management for customer support, the integration between Engage and Service Cloud allows your social media managers to log your Engage conversations as new cases in Salesforce for your support team to respond to. From Engage, your staff can also link an Audience profile to existing Salesforce contacts to import their case history into Engage, or create a new Salesforce contact. The integration gives you a full picture of your customers' social data and history with your brand.
Connecting Salesforce Service Cloud to Social Media Management
You can quickly integrate Social Media Management with your Salesforce Service Cloud instance with just a few clicks.
You will need to have a user role of Admin in Social Media Management and access to your Salesforce login credentials to complete the integration.
- In the left-hand navigation sidebar of Social Media Management, click on the Settings (cog) icon, and select Organization admin.
- Select Integration Marketplace in the left-hand menu, then click the Salesforce Case Management integration box > Connect now.
- In the following screen, review the information about the integration, then click New authentication to start the integration.
- In the following window, enter a name for your integration and select the instance type. We recommend keeping the default options, but you can select to integrate a Sandbox environment if you would like to test the integration first. After you have selected your options, click Create and a pop-up window will appear for you to log into Salesforce using your credentials.
- Next, you can configure your case creation. You can customize what fields you would like to fill out when creating a case or contact and also customize the fields you would like to see when viewing a case or contact detail. If you want to add a field from your Salesforce object field list, click Add Field and click on the new field to review the list of fields available in the dropdown. You can also start typing to search for a specific. If you wish to remove a field you’ve added, hover over the field and click on the red x icon. When you are finished configuring your fields, click Next and you will be prompted with four stages to customize each view option. On the final screen, click Finish to finalize your configuration.
- When the integration completes, you will see a green Connected status on the integration indicating that Social Media Management has successfully connected to Salesforce.
Using Salesforce Service Cloud Features in Engage
Creating a Salesforce case
Once your accounts are integrated, you can easily create a new Salesforce case from within any direct message conversation in Engage.
- From any direct message conversation in Engage, navigate to the Salesforce cases panel in the right-hand sidebar, then click Create Case.
- Customize the subject and description of the case if desired, and then click Continue. By default, the description will be pre-populated and contain a link back to the Engage conversation, so your Salesforce users can continue the conversation with the customer in Engage if needed.
- If desired, use the search bar to find an existing contact in Salesforce to link the case to, or click Create New Contact to create a new Salesforce contact for the customer and link it to their profile. When you are ready to continue, click Create Case.
- You will see your newly created case under the Salesforce cases panel in the Engage conversation, where you can then view the case details.
Linking an Audience profile to an existing Salesforce contact
At any time, you can use the Salesforce contact panel in the sidebar of an Engage conversation to link an Audience profile to an existing Salesforce contact, or create a new Salesforce contact.
- From any conversation in Engage, navigate to the Salesforce contact panel in the right-hand sidebar, then click Link Profile.
- Use the search bar to find an existing contact in Salesforce to link the conversation to, or click Create New Contact to create a new Salesforce contact for the customer. When ready, click Link Profile.
- You will see the added profile under the Salesforce contact panel as well as the imported history of that contact’s cases under the Salesforce cases panel.
Managing the Integration
Editing the integration
After setting up your Salesforce integration, you can edit it at any time to change the Salesforce instance authentication and your field configurations.
- Go to Social Media Management’s Settings menu > Integrations & APIs > Salesforce Case Management. Click Modify Setup > Reconfigure to restart your authentication process and configuration flow.
- Click through the full configuration flow and make any desired edits to your integration. If you don’t want to make changes to a certain area, such as your authentication details or field configurations, click Next to proceed.
- On the final page of the configuration flow, click Finish to save your changes.
Deleting the integration
If you want to reset your integration or delete it, you can also do so within your Integrations and API settings.
- Go to Social Media Management’s Settings menu > Integrations & APIs > Salesforce Case Management. Select the ellipsis (three dots) icon, then select Edit.
- In the Salesforce Case Management menu, choose Delete & Disconnect.
- Confirm in the prompt that you would like to delete and disconnect the integration. Once confirmed, Brandwatch will delete the authentication, remove the application, and remove every linked Salesforce contact and their information from Engage.
Installing the integration
How can I get access to the Salesforce Service Cloud integration for Engage?
If you are a Social Media Management Pro customer or above, the integration is included in your package. If your package is below Pro, reach out to your Customer Success Manager to inquire about access.
From Integration Marketplace in Social Media Management's settings, select Salesforce Case Management, then click Request Access. Fill out the form and our colleagues will reach out to you for a detailed product tour demo.
Is IT support required to set up the integration?
No technical support needed to set up the integration — you will only need your Salesforce login credentials. Also, nothing is required on your Salesforce’s instance’s end. After you have connected the integration, we will automatically create an app that you can manage in your Salesforce Connect Apps.
What does “a field is required” mean?
We scan your Salesforce instance set up to identify all of the fields you need to fill out when creating a case or contact. If you continue your configuration without that field, you will see an error message when you create a case or contact so you can add that field to your form in order to proceed.
What does “unknown field type” mean?
We support every standard field type that Salesforce offers (e.g. text, number, date, picklist, etc.) However, we are unable to offer the configuration of custom field types in our integration at this time. If this will be a concern for your experience, please get in touch with your Customer Success Manager so we can discuss available options.
Can we apply the field dependency logic from Salesforce in Brandwatch?
Unfortunately no, our integration only supports one level of logic. You can select what fields you would like to fill out, but further field dependency logic cannot be applied.
What objects are available in this integration?
This integration only works with your Service Cloud module and we only support the Case and the Contact objects. You can set up connections in your Salesforce instance to sync information, e.g. with Contact and Account objects.
How can I modify the order of the fields in the form?
The Case creation and Contact creation form follows the order of fields from the integration configuration flow. If you wish to modify your field setup, please edit your connection in Social Media Management’s Settings > Integrations & API > Salesforce Case Management.