By creating a Google Reviews feed in Engage, you can keep an eye on the reviews coming in for any location under your Google Business Profile and reply to reviews directly. When connecting your Google Business Profile to Social Media Management, you can choose to connect any number of business locations under your profile to monitor them in Engage.
In this article:
What Can I See and Do with Google Reviews in Engage?
After you have connected your Google Channels to Social Media Management, Google Reviews for the locations you have chosen to connect will be visible in Engage. Your Google Reviews will always contain the star rating left by the reviewer as well as any optional review text that the reviewer has chosen to leave.
Your Google Reviews may have images attached to the reviews, but Google does not currently support retrieval of these images through API, so any images attached to your reviews will not be visible in Engage.
When viewing your Google Reviews feed, you will be able to perform the following actions:
- Leave one reply per review
- Edit your reply if needed
- Assign reviews to a team member
- Apply labels to reviews
- Mark reviews as read
- Leave notes on reviews
- Create assignment and labeling automations for reviews
- Mark reviews as priority or spam
- Click the timestamp on a review to view it natively
Liking, hiding, or deleting reviews is currently not supported by the Google API and therefore not possible in Engage at this time. Please refer to Google's Help Center for more information on how to report a review with Google and request that it be removed or deleted from your Business Profile.
You can export your Google Reviews feed data from Engage like any other Engage feeds, and your feed data will also be available in Engage Label Reports.
All Google Reviews are excluded from Team Performance Reports at this time. Audience profiles are also not currently supported for Google Reviews.
Creating a Google Reviews Engage Feed
To start viewing your Google Reviews in Engage, you will need to create a new Engage feed. Please follow the steps below to create a new feed specifically for your Google Reviews Channels:
- In Engage, click Add Feed from the top right (or click Edit on an existing feed).
- From On network(s), select the Google icon.
- Under On channel(s), select the Google Channels (locations) you would like to monitor.
- Under Of type(s), select Reviews.
- If applicable, use the remaining fields to specify any additional criteria or filters for your feed.
- Click Save Feed.