In this article, find out what types of TikTok channels you can connect, how to make sure you have the right access, and how to connect your channel to Social Media Management.
The features mentioned in this article are only available to Social Media Management users with a user role of Team Leader or Admin.
In this article:
What Type of TikTok Accounts Can I Connect?
You can connect either TikTok Business accounts or TikTok personal accounts (including Creator accounts) to Social Media Management. Visit TikTok's help center to learn more about the different account types, or check out our blog post for tips on how each account type can benefit your marketing strategies.
What Access Do I Need on TikTok?
To connect a TikTok account to Social Media Management, the only requirement is that you are able to log into the TikTok account successfully via a web browser.
Connecting Your TikTok Channel to Social Media Management
Once you have verified that you have access to the TikTok account, you can connect your account to Social Media Management by following the steps below.
If you need to reconnect a TikTok channel, follow the steps in our Reconnecting Channels article.
- In Social Media Management's left-hand navigation sidebar, click the Manage settings (gear) icon and select Channel admin.
- Click Add Channels in the top right.
- Under TikTok, click Connect.
- When the TikTok popup appears, choose any applicable verification method (or skip to the step below if already logged in).
- Click Authorize.
- From the menu on the left, New and disconnected channels, check the box beside any channels you would like to connect.
- Click Connect Channels.
- From your list of teams in Social Media Management, select any number of teams you would like to add your channel(s) to.
- Click Finish.
The page will refresh automatically and you will see your TikTok channel in your channels list with a Connected status.
FAQs & Troubleshooting
I received an error during the connection process.
If you have received an error at any stage of the connection process, please check out our System Requirements to make sure your system is compatible. Please also consider reaching out to our Support team for help diagnosing the issue.
I’ve connected my channel but I can’t see it in Social Media Management.
If you have switched your view in Social Media Management to Team View, the channel may not appear if it’s not included in your chosen team). Please either switch to Admin View or select the correct Team View. If you’re in Admin View or in the correct Team already, please contact the Support team.