If you are part of an agency, you may be invited to join several Social Media Management organizations for ease in managing data for multiple clients. When you are invited to multiple organizations, you can easily switch between them in the platform and invite new users to join the organizations you are a part of if needed.
In this article:
Setting up your account with multiple organizations
In order to be part of several organizations, you first need to send a request to Social Media Management to setup the organizations that you need. You can do so by reaching out to your Customer Success Manager. Make sure you include the following information:
- Name of agency organization
- Name and email of agency organization administrator
- Names of organizations which the agency represents
- Name and email of additional administrators
Once Social Media Management has completed setting up your organizations, you will be invited to join them and receive an email notification to join each organization.
Switching between organizations
Once you have joined multiple organizations, you will be able to see and switch between your organizations by clicking Switch organization or team (building icon) in the lower-left corner of the platform. Select Organizations, then select the desired organization to switch to it.
The organization switcher dropdown will only be visible if you have accepted invitations to multiple organizations.
Inviting other users to your organizations
If you are an administrator of various organizations, you can invite other users to them using the same process as creating a user in Social Media Management:
- Make sure you are switched into the organization you would like to invite users to.
- From Social Media Management's left-hand navigation sidebar, select the Manage settings (cog) icon, then select Organization admin.
- In the left-hand Settings menu, select Users.
- Click New User in the top-right of the screen.
- In the following window, fill out the necessary fields and choose a user role for the new team member. (See an explanation of all user roles and their permissions in our User Roles article). Click Show Advanced to select feature access (e.g. Content Pool and Audience), user expiration, and geo-targeting (e.g. Languages and Countries). When finished, click Done at the bottom of the window.
The invited users will be notified of the invite by email. If the user is already part of Social Media Management, they will receive an invitation email saying that they have been invited to the new organization.
Deleting invited users
Deleting an invited user will only remove the user from that organization. Deleting a user from their original organization will remove the user from Social Media Management along with all the organizations that the user was invited to.
To delete a user from your organization, first make sure you are switched into the organization you would like to remove the user from. Then, select the user from your Users list in your organization's settings. Click Delete User in the top-right corner of the screen, then click Yes in the pop up to confirm.