In this article, find out what types of Twitter channels you can connect, how to make sure you have the right access, and how to connect the channel to Social Media Management.
The features mentioned in this article are only available to Social Media Management users with a user role of Team Leader or Admin.
In this article:
What Type of Twitter Accounts Can I Connect?
It’s possible to connect any public Twitter account to Social Media Management.
Currently, it’s not possible to connect hidden or restricted Twitter accounts due to API restrictions.
What Access Do I Need on Twitter?
In order to connect a Twitter channel to Social Media Management, you will simply need to have the Twitter login credentials (e.g. password along with the email address, or username). The Twitter channel does not need to be verified.
It will not be possible to verify and connect your Twitter channel to Social Media Management using the associated phone number.
Connecting Your Twitter Channel to Social Media Management
Provided you have the applicable login information for your Twitter channel, you can connect it to Social Media Management by following the steps below.
If you need to reconnect a Twitter channel, follow the steps in our Reconnecting Channels article.
- From anywhere in Social Media Management, click on your profile icon on the bottom left.
- Click Settings.
- From the menu on the left, under Channel Settings, select Channels.
- Click Add Channels from the top right.
- Under Twitter, click Connect.
- Click Connect to Twitter.
- When the Twitter popup appears, enter your Twitter login credentials followed by Authorize App. If already logged into Twitter, simply click Authorize App.
- From the menu on the left, New and disconnected channels, check the box beside any channels you would like to connect.
- Click Connect Channels.
- From your list of Teams in Social Media Management, select any number of teams you would like to add your channel(s) to.
- Click Finish.
Next, the page will refresh automatically, and your channel will now be found in Settings > Channels, along with all other applicable modules in Social Media Management.
FAQs & Troubleshooting
I received an error during the connection process.
If you have received an error at any stage of the connection process, please check out our System Requirements to make sure your system is compatible. Please also consider reaching out to our Support team for help diagnosing the issue.
I’ve added my Channel but I can’t see it in Social Media Management.
If you have switched your view in Social Media Management to Team View, the channel may not appear if it’s not included in your chosen team. Please either switch to Admin View or select the correct Team View. If you’re in Admin View or in the correct team already, please contact the Support team.