In this article, find out what types of X (Twitter) channels you can connect, how to make sure you have the right access, and how to connect the channel to Social Media Management.
The features mentioned in this article are only available to Social Media Management users with a user role of Team Leader or Admin.
In this article:
What types of X (Twitter) accounts can I connect?
It’s possible to connect any public X (Twitter) account to Social Media Management. Currently, it’s not possible to connect hidden or restricted X (Twitter) accounts due to API restrictions.
What access do I need on X (Twitter)?
In order to connect a X (Twitter) channel to Social Media Management, you will need to have the login credentials to your X (Twitter) account (e.g. password along with the email address, or username). The X (Twitter) channel does not need to be verified.
It will not be possible to verify and connect your X (Twitter) channel to Social Media Management using the associated phone number.
Connecting your X (Twitter) channel to Social Media Management
If you need to reconnect a X (Twitter) channel, follow the steps in our Reconnecting Channels article.
- In Social Media Management's left-hand navigation sidebar, click the Manage settings (gear) icon and select Channel admin.
- Click Add Channels in the top right.
- Under X (Twitter), click Connect.
- When the X (Twitter) popup appears, enter your X (Twitter) login credentials followed by Authorize App. (If you are already logged into X (Twitter), simply click Authorize App).
- From the menu on the left, New and disconnected channels, check the box beside any channels you would like to connect.
- Click Connect Channels.
- From your list of teams in Social Media Management, select one or more teams to add your channel to.
You must select at least one team to add your channel to. Please visit our Managing Teams article for instructions on setting up a team in your organization.
- Click Finish.
FAQs and troubleshooting
I received an error during the connection process.
If you have received an error at any stage of the connection process, please check out our System Requirements to make sure your system is compatible. Please also consider reaching out to our Support team for help diagnosing the issue.
I’ve added my channel but I can’t see it in Social Media Management.
If you have switched your view in Social Media Management to Team View, the channel may not appear if it’s not included in your chosen team. Please either switch to Admin View or select the correct Team View. If you’re in Admin View or in the correct team already, please contact the Support team.