Setting up labels in Engage allows your team to categorize conversations and quickly provide context to one another.
With Engage Labels reports, you can evaluate the types of conversations that are trending in Engage by reporting on the labels being used and identify any overlapping topics. For example, you may be receiving a high number of complaints tied in with a single campaign. The Engage Labels report helps you spot that trend, so you can adjust and optimize your content appropriately.
Creating an Engage Labels report
- In Engage, click Report overview in the left-hand navigation sidebar.
- Click Create Report in the top-right corner of the screen, then under Engage Labels on the following screen, select Choose Report.
- Select the channels or channel groups you’d like to report on.
- Edit the name of the report on the right-hand side.
- Select the date range to report on (note, this can be adjusted in the final report).
- Click Create report.
Your Engage Labels report will be generated. Use the Labels drop-down menu to select the labels you would like to see data for. You will also have the option to export or schedule the report, change the date range, or edit the report to include or exclude channels.
The following metrics are available in the Engage Labels report:
- The total number of labeled Conversations. This metric only counts labels on DM threads and top-level posts, not their individual comments, replies, or messages. For example, in the screenshot below, the post's label will count towards total Conversations, but the labeled comment under the post will not.
The Total, Labeled, and Unlabeled numbers in the graph show how many conversations are labeled or unlabeled for the selected time period. This number will add up to 100%. When you select specific labels to view data for, you will see how many conversations only those specific labels are applied to for the selected time period. As a result, the Labeled number will change but the Total and Unlabelled numbers will not, and the numbers may not add up to 100%.
- When no labels are selected, the Trending table will show the top 10 most used labels in the period selected. The count number shows how many conversations, comments, and direct messages (DMs) the label has been added to. On reports filtered by label, unselected labels might appear in the report graph if the conversation, comment, or DM also includes a selected label. In any case, a maximum of 10 labels will be shown.
- Usage trends
- Shows the change in usage compared to the previous period. The graphs will show data for up to 4 labels for the selected period. If any labels are selected, these will be displayed in the graph if they contain data for the specified period.
- Trend by network
- Shows label usage across networks. If any labels are selected, the graph will show data of the labels reflected in the trending graph.
- Shows development over time for your trending labels. If any labels are selected, the graph will show data of the labels reflected in the trending graph.
- Shows which labels appear alongside top labels. If any labels are selected, the graph will show data of the labels reflected in the trending graph.